Friday, February 5, 2010

Sleep Is For People Too Wimpy To Drink Coffee By The Pot

Sleep hates me. What is UP? I think my hormones must be ganging up on me or something. Some women cramp up and crave chocolate once a month, I just turn into a drooling zombie. No biggie. Just make sure you lock your doors at night.

Kind of a crazy week/month or so for me. I feel like I'm going through some growing pains. Heh - or maybe I need a med change, who knows. I'm reevaluating. Looking around, taking it all in. Reconsidering. Kicking myself. A whole bunch of stuff. Learning how little I really knew about things I thought I knew pretty well. Finding that part of me doubts that God's Truth is powerful enough to swallow up some incredible darkness I find myself and other people that I love in... and knowing it's stupid to doubt because - HELLO - He created the universe.

You know what has hit me in the face OVER AND OVER AND OVER since right before Christmas? I. DO. NOT. HAVE. ANSWERS. TO. EVERYTHING. I'm seeing marriages fall apart and it doesn't seem like conventional wisdom or any of the stuff I put in my book even remotely applies. I'm watching my niece trying to get her life together but she's out in the wild and the wolves are circling and I don't know how to tell her about God without creeping her out and making her run away from Him entirely. Some people I care about... have turned out to be different people than I thought.

I wandered into a brand new Christian bookstore this evening, just for the heck of it. No money to spend, really, just wanted to look around. I love Christian bookstores - I could spend all day in one. It's comforting somehow. It's peaceful.

Tonight it gave me a feeling I had lost touch with lately... like a little bandaid on a big old, question mark-shaped tear on my heart. Pin It

1 comments:

Melody said...

hey girl...always appreciate your transparency...you have an award on my blog.

Pin It
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs