Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like LADY GAGA!!!!!

"Well, nobody ELSE comes to Hershey Park looking like that!"


OK, so I go to Hershey Park Christmas Candylane to look at Christmas lights and eat free chocolate (thanks Chocolate World) and not only do I get all that... I also see Lady Gaga. Buying chocolate. Lady Gaga buying chocolate. Dinner AND a show!

I'm telling you this not because I love Lady Gaga. I actually don't know more than one of her songs. I'm just not into it. I'm also not telling you this because I'm star-struck. I don't really care. It's just an interesting topic because not so long ago I said, "I wouldn't know Lady Gaga if I ran right into her." Time to tell the back story.

Lady Gaga's boyfriend - Taylor Kinney - is from Lancaster. I didn't know that until all these reports started surfacing that the two were spotted around town. The local news reported on the two of them skeet shooting together over Thanksgiving. (We really need hobbies around here.) And *I* said, "I wouldn't know Lady Gaga if I ran right into her."

And then, tonight, I ran into her - physically. So did my husband. He almost took her out! She was buying chocolate with Taylor Kinney and 2 little boys. No clue who the boys are, but that's irrelevant. My husband and I, along with the other couple we were with, just couldn't be convinced that we saw Lady Gaga, even though 3 of the 4 of us saw her and each arrived at the same conclusion. We even stopped in the freezing cold to Google pictures of her on our phones to make sure we weren't losing it. Sure enough, it was her.

I wish I had more to tell you about this experience. I saw Lady Gaga and almost trampled her. There you go. But I WILL say this: if she wants to blend in with the crowd, she has to try harder. Bleach blond almost white hair, the big mole thing on her cheek, nails filed to little points, Amy Winehouse eye makeup, foot-high heels... she wasn't exactly your average Central Pennsylvanian just looking for a few Hershey Kisses, you know? Even if it hadn't been Lady Gaga, she would have stood out like one of the giant tree lights that looked like, to quote my friend, "fruity cereal." It was Lady Gaga, minus the meat dress. It was more like this in a winter coat with a cell phone and a couple of random kids. We here in Pennsylvania notice stuff like that.

Merry Christmas, Gaga. Sorry we stepped on you, but you were...hard to miss.
Pin It

0 comments:

Pin It
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs