Monday, March 29, 2010

This Day Deserves a Good, Hard, Vicious Blogging

Let's cut to the chase.

It started out good. My little nephew was born this morning in perfect shape.

I did a GREAT interview for a magazine article this morning (shout-out to Mitch & Diana, two very cool people) and even got to take advantage of some Starbucks caffeine. Yay!

Next thing I know, I find out an in-law is sick in the hospital. I call my husband. He tells me to pick him up from work early, so I do. We inhale lunch and hop in our car to go up to the hospital (about 30 miles away in another county). We get within about 3 minutes of the hospital... when the brakes stop working, the steering goes out and the engine light (and every other light ever created for a dashboard) comes on. By pure divine intervention, we break down directly in front of a gas station.

From there, with my cell phone dead and being far from home, a very nice gas station clerk lets us use her own cell phone to reach my in-law's girlfriend, who comes and picks us up. We eat our Subway subs as the tow truck hauls the car away.

We never made it to the hospital, but that's OK. In-law was discharged. Not doing well, but discharged.

Husband found a way to work tomorrow so that's good. I guess we'll have to rent a car. What can I say? I love nothing more than having to spend money I don't have. And I'm sure my nephew is just precious... but I wouldn't know... because I can't get to THAT hospital to see HIM.

There you have it. And it's still only Monday. And the REAL drama hasn't even hit yet. Maybe it's taking an Easter break, but I doubt it.

Tomorrow... I sleep in! Pin It

0 comments:

Pin It
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs