Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Make it good."

So I told my husband I was going to put up my first post on my new blog tonight, and he told me, "Make it good. Don't write 'I'm back' or something and that's it."
It's almost 1am, but I promise to write more than that, though I really can't update you on EVERYTHING in this post.

As much as I'd like to tell you that things are the "same old, same old," I really can't. Life has changed rapidly over the past few months. I quit one job and lost another. My cousin, who originally told me about Jesus, died of ALS in September and I traveled to California to attend his memorial service. I have been struggling since I returned because I feel very numb. I was so angry at God for the almost 4 years that he was sick, I think I had already made my peace with God when he died. So I feel almost guilty that I don't... well, feel more. My sadness, now, centers around the rest of my family, the ones he left behind, and how they are going to move forward and cope in a world without Jay.

Those of you who know me probably remember that I've been having neighbor "issues" for a long time now. Actually, if you know me, there's no way you could NOT know that. I've had neighbor issues my entire life. Even when I was growing up, we had crazy neighbors. From flashers to drunks to hunters dumping bloody deer carcasses in our dumpster, I've seen it all. When I was growing up and somebody new moved into the neighborhood, my mother used to say, "I'll be cordial, but I don't want to be anybody's friend." I used to think that was so cold, you know? Well, I still don't agree with that, but I definitely understand where she was coming from. I frequently tell Scott we need to buy a house in the middle of the woods with no neighbors around for miles. I'm happy to report, however, that the wackadoo couple living in apt. 6 broke up and they both moved out, proving that miracles really do happen. I would go into more detail the trials and tribulations we've dealt with over the past few months, but there's not enough space on this blog.

More later. I'm falling asleep. (Thanks, Seroquel.) Pin It

0 comments:

Pin It
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs