Monday, April 18, 2011

Game Your Way to a New You!

I apologize now for my use of the word "butt" and in no way do I advocate shooting people in real life. You shouldn't let your kids play violent games.  I don't advocate that either. Oh, and I love Jesus. OK, you can read now...

I haven't been into video games, really, since Nintendo came out when I was in middle school. My husband has a Playstation 3 and I got into Guitar Hero and Rock Band but little else. Then....

THEN...

...he got the MOVE.

A friend of ours gave us a gift card a few weeks ago so hubby traded in a bunch of games and used it to buy the Move and a few games to go with. I'M. HOOKED. You know I have to be serious to actually blog about video games.

The Wii is good... if you're 5 years old. The Move, however, is way more accurate and you don't feel like you're in preschool when you use it.  Most of you probably don't care about that, but I'm weird that way. Anyway, I have gotten rather addicted to ping-pong. There are a million other things to play - volleyball, bocce ball, fencing, etc., but the ping-pong is my game, for sure. I'll be honest - I've always kicked butt at ping-pong, tennis, badminton, and anything that includes swinging something at things flying through the air. Maybe it's the Smart family temper in me, I don't know.

All I know is... dude, you can get a SERIOUS workout playing Move ping-pong. Surprising, considering ping-pong isn't exactly a full-body sport, but I find myself swinging like a mad woman and working up one heck of a sweat. Want to tone your upper arms? Play this game. I think my arms have gone numb. I just finished an hour-long tournament and I can't really lift them above my waist anymore. Tomorrow I will probably have to learn to type with my feet.

Ladies, you're probably thinking this sounds lame. You could be doing something more girly-like, such as knitting, clipping coupons, or sharing diaper stories with your girlfriends. Oh no, honey. This is for you, too. Are you too lazy to drive to the gym like I am, despite having a gym membership? GREAT. Go git ya a MOVE! Wanna lose weight without having to go out in public on a bad hair day. MOVE MOVE MOVE! Well....first you need a Playstation 3, which is pretty expensive. But then...GET THE MOVE!

Also, girls, the Move is prettier than the Wii. Who needs a boring white controller when you can have what looks like a glowing ice cream cone?!? See? You know you want one! What woman wouldn't want a pretty video game accessory? Oooh, ahhh! Look at the purdy colors! Don't they just make you want to run out and buy a matching purse? FOR REALS!



And who can argue against becoming a more civilized human being! I didn't know a thing about bocce ball (let alone how to spell it) until we got the Move. Now I feel like I finally have something to discuss with the next old man I hold a door open for.

I'm telling you... this thing rocks. It gets old watching your husband play Black Ops all night. Now there's a fashionable alternative that the whole family can play! (Did you notice the Move glows in pink?) And if hubby still insists on shooting people, why, that's OK too! Grab two Move controllers and you've got yourself a gun! No more pointing buttons in your underwear - now you can stand UP in your underwear and actually PICK PEOPLE OFF!

So give it a try. Forget the Wii. If you want to get exercise while still being a bum at home, and you're tired of looking like a bouncing Weeble on your TV screen, go get the Move. You're an adult. Do the right thing. I believe in you.



What are you, 5? Go get the MOVE!
Pin It

0 comments:

Pin It
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs