Tuesday, May 4, 2010

5K's, Birthdays and Life

Tomorrow I will be 31. Not a big deal. I thought 30 would be painful, but it wasn't. It was just another day. I don't consider myself a day over 18.

...Except that most people make New Year's resolutions, whereas I make birthday resolutions. Last year I resolved to have breast reduction, and in July that's just what I did. This year, my plans are bit loftier than being knocked unconscious and snipped away at.

A lot of my friends are doing crazy things these days - like running 5Ks. One of them is planning to sky dive. Both seem a little TOO lofty for me, though, if I had to pick, I'd sky dive because all I have to do is jump, pull a cord, and scream. BUT, that being said, I do want to get in shape this year. I'm not shooting to become marathon material, but I would like to start running. When I had my breast reduction, I was thrilled because I could finally run pain- and embarrassment-free. So far, the only running I have done is in the parking lot, trying to catch my escapee cat before she runs into the street.

I'd like to return to songwriting. This will be more of a challenge, since I haven't really played the guitar in ages. I tried to yesterday. I'm available to jam with you, if you don't mind a guitarist who has sworn off bar chords, and who takes up to 15 seconds to change chords in mid-song. The good news is, I know when I'm off-key (i.e., "WHOA! THAT wasn't a D chord!!")

I'm determined to get another book contract this year. Again, lofty... since I could be writing that book even as we speak, but I'm blogging instead.

I'm going to quit smoking once and for all. (Stop laughing at me.)

I'm going to turn 32 in better shape than I was in when I turned 31... physically, financially, professionally, spiritually. And, with any luck, when I sip my sparking grape juice on New Year's Eve 2010, I won't be resolving to make good on my birthday resolutions from 8 months earlier. Pin It

1 comments:

ctf said...

Yay Julie. I've learned how important setting actual, measurable goals is to me actually making progress. If you decide you want to try the running thing... the couch to 5K thing really worked for me and you know where I've come from with health stuff... gradual is good. :)

Pin It
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs