Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nativity Kitsch

I shall begin this blog post with an apology to my friends, Mark and Jen.

Several years ago, when I was really into Sculpey polymer clay, I made them the most God-awful Nativity set the world has ever scene. I thought it was adorable, of course, or I wouldn't have given it to them. It took me forever to make it, and in my defense it was a heartfelt gift. But now when I think about it, I realize it was also horrible, horrible, horrible.

Which brings me to this blog post. Tomorrow I am hitting the streets with my camera in the hopes of catching something awesomely terrible, but until then you will have to settle for a post about Nativity kitsch. There are some downright frightening Nativities out there and I have collected a few for the Christmas Hall of Shame. Let me just say that I love cats, but I will never - NEV-AH - purchase a cat Nativity.

Sometimes words cannot do something justice, so I'll just post the pictures. See for yourself... and weep bitterly.

This site has a great selection of Nativity kitsch. Glad to know I'm not the only one out there with an eye for the distasteful.









You have to admit, this took talent.


What do the letters S-A-N-T-A spell? SANTA! And also SATAN if you mix 'em up. Coincidence?

Hopefully nobody needs to explain to you why this is so wrong.

I can't even figure out what this is exactly...
Pin It

0 comments:

Pin It
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs