Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How Would You Vote for a Klondike Bar?

Nothing strange happened to me at the polls yesterday. Nothing strange has EVER happened to me at the polls, other than getting half of my shirt tucked into my jeans on my way out of the bathroom. This was not the case for everyone yesterday.

My mother told me that at her polling place there was a smorgasbord of sweet goodies laid out for voters - cookies, brownies, cake, drinks, you name it. Some lady in line was throwing a fit, wanting to know who paid for all of it. I don't know about you, but when someone offers me free brownies, I eat first and ask questions later. I guess this woman thought it was some political party's way of swaying voters.

I find this ridiculous because I have way more confidence in the American people. I like to think Americans know better than to switch their political affiliation because someone offered them a double-fudge chocolate chip brownie. And what nut would switch their vote for a cookie? Come on, now. We're better than that, aren't we? You want me to vote Democrat in exchange for baked goods? No way! It's going to take more than that - a gift certificate to Red Robin or something, at least. Maybe a gift card to Target. But certainly not a miserly, stinking whoopie pie.

Outlawing baked goods in the polling place? Unnecessary.
Outlawing the exchange of viable bodily organs for a straight ticket vote? OK, maybe that's a little different.

No, we're a better people than that. Brownies won't make us change our votes. Now an egg roll... that's another story. Pin It

0 comments:

Pin It
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs