Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Story of One Girl's Hair

What do you do when you're home alone, bored, and your husband has your car?
You cut your own hair, that's what you do! That's exactly what I did yesterday. I'm not sure what possessed me to do this other than not wanting to pay somebody else to do what I could do myself. That's how I roll. I may write for a "fine living" magazine, but I'm as practical as practical gets. And cheap, too.

The life of a struggling writer isn't very romantic, you see. In fact, it sort of sucks - especially when you're waiting for checks to arrive in the mail. Money is pretty tight sometimes, but I'll be darned if I'm going to let it keep me from getting something I really want...something like a haircut.




I did a little research online about how to cut your own hair. It sounded simple enough. You get your hair wet, comb it all forward, and measure it with your fingers as you snip away. Sweet! I can totally do this!!




I always figure, hey, it's just hair. It grows back. It can be corrected. And, if not, you can just shave your head. I wasn't too worried. There's nothing a little gel and a good sense of humor can't fix.


So I went to it. I started hacking away in the shower. I didn't want to chop it all off, just hack off an inch or so. When I finished, I rinsed my head and felt my head with my fingers. It didn't feel any different. It seemed to be about the same length. Then I realized what I had done...



Oh snap!! I gave myself a mullet! A sweet, sweeeeeeeeeeeet mullet. My hair said "sophistication" in the front and "point me to the keg!" in the back. I laughed my butt off as I looked in the mirror. I wish I'd taken a picture. But, alas, the mullet had to go. I dried my hair, straightened it, and did about 3 more rounds of snipping. This is the result.



My 1-inch trim turned into about 4 inches. Oh well. I like it better short anyway. Do I rock or what?!? It's all even... at least from what I can tell. I made my husband examine me thoroughly like he was searching for lice and he confirms that it is, indeed, straight.

Go me. And that's my story. Pin It

0 comments:

Pin It
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs